This program seeks to support the Australian government’s commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future. It will fund projects in regional Australia outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra.
Grants of $5000 to $1 million to cover 50% or more of eligible project costs.
The program is designed to achieve the following outcomes in regional and remote communities:
- Create jobs
- Have a positive impact on economic activity, including Indigenous economic participation through employment and supplier-use outcomes
- Enhance community facilities
- Enhance leadership capacity
- Encourage community cohesion and sense of identity
There are two streams of funding available under the program:
1. Infrastructure projects
- Grants between $20,000 and $10 million are available.
- For most projects grant funding will be up to 50% or up to 75% of the eligible project costs. Grants under $20,000 may be 100% of project costs.
2. Community investments
- Grants between $5,000 and $1 million to cover 50% or more of eligible project costs.
- A total funding pool of $200 million is available, with $100 million dedicated to tourism-related infrastructure projects.
Go to the Australian Government website