Get lost in compost and mulch
Make the most of your locally-produced FOGO compost and mulch, available at Merimbula, Eden, Wallagoot and Bermagui tips.
Our compost has been so popular at this stage is it currently only available at Merimbula Waste and Recycling Depot.
Our compost and mulch sells fast, so make sure you download the FREE Bega Valley Waste APP to find out when it’s available!
Visit Tip Fees for the current cost of our Compost.
Tips for use
- General soil improvement: spread a 10-20mm thick layer of compost (10-20 litres per square metre) across soil surface and incorporate to a depth of 50-100mm.
- Landscaping and erosion control: apply a layer of mulch 50-100mm deep (50-100 litres per square metre) over whole area.
Want more tips for your lawns, trees, veggie gardens and flower beds?
Download our Fact Sheet here.
- Fertilising effect
- Introduces quality carbon into the soil. This in turn:
- Increases the health and activity of soil microbial populations
- Helps prevent plant disease
- Mobilises nutrients for plants
- Improves soil structure
- Improved moisture absorption
- Improved water holding capacity for plants
- Protects soil surface
- Prevents erosion
- Keeps your topsoil where you need it most
- Reduces run-off
- Reduces erosion
- Reduces evaporation
- Provides insulation for soil
- Keeps soil cooler in summer, reducing the effects of high temperatures which kill roots and soil biology
- Keeps soil warmer in winter which helps keep soil biology active when it’s cold
- Environmentally friendly
For safe use tips and more about FOGO compost and mulch download our Fact Sheet here.
Compost typical analysis
|Org argon (C)
|Organic Matter - 35% (dry weight)
||C:N Ratio -22.1
Mulch typical analysis
Our mulch undergoes the same process as our compost, it is just the larger particle size.
- Particle size: 18-75mm — Bulk density: 60 kg/m3
Rate This Page
Share This Page