Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

Disaster Relief Fund

image showing disaster relief fund information.

Donated Goods - we have enough
We've breen blown away by the level of support from across the country for those impacted by the bushfire emergency - it's been incredible!
However, we've now reached a point that the sheer volume of donated goods is becoming a problem.
The best way people can contribute is to support the Bega Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund.
You can also donate via the GIVIT platform.

GIVIT efficiently connects people in need with gifted essential items. Through the GIVIT website, trusted Australian charities and community service providers can request exactly what is needed by their clients.

These requests are listed on the GIVIT site where every day Australians and organisations can donate in response. Donors can also pledge items into GIVIT’s virtual warehouse, a private online portal where registered charities can see and reserve what's available.

Givit logo.GIVIT Bushfire Appeal
A referral pathway for individuals and organisations to pledge items and services, and then matches them with requests received.
Help support people impacted by the bushfires.


Donate and help make a difference

If you are wanting to assist and help those impacted by the 2020 Bega Valley Bushfires,  the Bega Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund is taking donations:

  • SJA Disaster Relief Fund
  • BSB 633000
  • Account 171166317
  • International donations: IBAN number for Bendigo Bank is BENDAU3B (also known as BIC or Swift code). Thank you.

Note: We are unable to accept credit card payments.

For more information please contact Bega Valley Shire Council on 02 6499 2222

Receipt information

For tax receipt purposes: Donors should notify their request for the receipt to us through

From the ATO website:

  • You should keep records of all tax deductible gifts and contributions you make. This will help you prepare your tax return.
  • When you make a donation, the DGR (Deductible gift recipients) will usually issue you with a receipt – but they don't have to. If this is the case, in some circumstances, you can still claim a tax deduction by using other records, such as bank statements.

Tradie support

The ICA has set up a Trades Register for tradies looking for insurance work. Trades can register online at:

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site