Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

Use of Public Land

Whale Festival Eden.If you want to run an event or activity that uses Council owned or managed land you will find all the information needed to make an application in our Use of Council Lands Procedure.

This includes any event or activity that uses Council’s footpaths, roadways, parks, sporting fields and other Council owned or managed land.

The procedure aims to provide a balance between the needs of the community and the activity/event organiser.

Before you start your application it is important to note that if your event or activity involves the closure, or part closure, of any Council road you will first need to seek approval from the Bega Valley Traffic Committee.

Visit sporting fields for information on bookings.

For information relating to events on Crown land please contact Council’s Property Services team on (02) 6499 2222, these events are not included under Public Land Use.


Please ensure the following timeframes are met before submitting your application.

  • Applications must be received a minimum of 4 weeks (1 month) prior to the date the request is needed for.
  • If your event includes a road closure of up to 24 hours, please submit your request at least 90 days (3 months) before the event.
  • If your event or road closure is greater than 24 hours and is a non-complying event, please submit your request at least 120 days (4 months) before the event.
    Non-complying event refer to events that require conditions of approval relating to excessive noise, temporary structures or places of public entertainment.

Application forms

  1. Council’s Use of Public Land Procedure
  2. Application form for single events
  3. Application form for all other use of public land activities
  4. Application form for use of Public Land renewal
  5. Council’s adopted fees and charges

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site