Further Education Scholarship Awards presented today
From left: Craig Pearce, Cr Liz Seckold, Cr Jo Dodds, Cr Cathy Griff, Jessica Duthie, Teah Strang, Zoe Pentin, Mayor Russell Fitzpatrick and Cr Tony Allen
19 May 2021
Bega Valley Shire Mayor, Russell Fitzpatrick today presented Further Education Scholarship Awards to students for 2020 and 2021, in recognition of the importance of developing local student’s skills and abilities.
This annual scholarship program supports young people seeking professional qualifications and careers while living in the Bega Valley through grants valued at $1,000 each.
“We want to encourage students to consider local further education options, whether it be university or vocational study, instead of thinking they have to leave the shire to pursue a career,” Council’s Community Connections Manager, Anne Cleverley said.
- Jessica Duthie from Bemboka will complete a Certificate III Pathway to Further Study at the Bega campus of TAFE Illawarra
- Teah Strang from Merimbula is doing a Bachelor of Arts in Community, Culture and Environment at the Bega campus of the University of Wollongong
- Zoe Pentin from Pambula will complete a Bachelor of Arts at the Bega campus of the University of Wollongong
- Mirri Dalziel from Kalaru will study a Bachelor of Nursing at the Bega campus of the University of Wollongong
- Makenzie Upton from Eden will study a Bachelor of Nursing at the Bega campus of the University of Wollongong.
- Craig Pearce from Bega studied a Certificate IV in Agriculture at the Bega campus of TAFE Illawarra to further his career in the dairy industry
- Sophie Kearn-Holman from South Pambula studied a Bachelor of Arts at the Bega campus of the University of Wollongong
- Claudia Mitchell from Eden studied a Bachelor of Nursing at the Bega campus for the University of Wollongong.
- Talina Brice from Bemboka studied a Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education online at University of New England.
- Tamika Gaudie from Bega studied a Certificate IV Education Support and Diploma of Early Childhood Education online at the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Rate This Page
Share This Page