Subdivision Works Certificate

A Subdivision Works Certificate certifies that subdivision work will be completed in accordance with specified plans and specifications will comply with any requirements in the regulations.

A subdivision works certificate is required prior to the commencement of any subdivision works.

After development consent has been given, a subdivision works certificate must be obtained before any subdivision work can start.

The subdivision works certificate verifies that:

  • the detailed construction plans and specifications of the development are consistent with the development consent and complies with the Building Code of Australia and relevant standards
  • all required contributions and fees have been paid
  • all development consent conditions that must be satisfied before a certificate can be issued have been met.

Application Checklist

  • Location plan clearly showing the site address and location with respect to the adjoining streets.
  • details of the existing and proposed subdivision pattern including the number of lots and the location of roads.
  • Copies of relevant compliance certificates.
  • details of public authorities consulted about utility services to the land concerned.
  • a report detailing and confirming compliance with all relevant conditions of development consent that must be satisfied to enable a subdivision works certificate to be issued.
  • evidence of any relevant accredited component, process or design.
  • Detailed engineering plans are also required showing:
    • Earthworks
    • Roadworks
    • Road pavement
    • Road furnishings
    • Stormwater drainage
    • Water supply works
    • Sewerage works
    • Landscaping works
    • Erosion controls

How to apply for a Subdivision Works Certificate

To submit an application for a Subdivision Works certificate via the NSW Planning Portal, you will need a NSW Planning Portal account.

There are two different methods you can use to apply via the Planning Portal:-

  • Via an existing online consent (DA/CDC), or
  • A stand-alone application via the menu options.

Follow the instructions below for your required method or download the Portal guidelines (PDF)

Please note, when connecting an existing consent application in the NSW Planning Portal, such as a DA or CDC, the majority of information contained on the consent application will prefill the certificate application, saving you time and effort in completing the required information.

[FAQ Subdivision works certificate]


If you need more information


Was this helpful?

Contact Us