Pensioner concession rebate

Concessions are available to eligible Pensioner Concession Card and Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card holders.

The pension rebate is funded by both the State Government (55%) and by funded Bega Valley Shire Council rate payers (45%).

Who can get a rebate?

  • If you hold a pensioner concession card or veterans affairs gold card (stamped with Total and Permanent Incapacitation (TPI) or Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA), and own and reside in the rated property, then you may be eligible for a rebate on your general rates, as well as your water, sewerage and domestic waste management charges.   
  • If you start receiving a pension after a quarterly billing period begins (and you meet our conditions), you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.
  • If you became eligible for a rebate in the past and are only now applying, we will apply rebate from the start of the current financial year only
  • If you no longer meet our conditions and are not entitled to receive a rebate, any rebate you received in advance will be charged back to your rates account.

How much is the rebate?

Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:

  • $250 on ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services, and an additional $87.50 for water and sewer services if applicable.

 55% of the pension rebate is funded by the State Government and 45% is funded Bega Valley Shire Council rate payers.

How can I apply?

  • Complete the online Pensioner Concession application form below.
  • Download a hard copy of the form and post to:
    Bega Valley Shire Council
    PO Box 492
    BEGA  NSW 2550

Pension concession application



Was this helpful?

Contact Us