Be Kind to Yourself
It’s okay to take time for you.
In times of stress and anxiety, it’s important give yourself a break and do some things that bring you joy.
Here are some suggestions for things you can do to be kind to yourself:
- Block out half a day a week that is time for yourself
- Take a break from your phone and news
- Listen to music or read a book
- Kick back and watch a movie
- Start a daily journal as a way to debrief and de-stress
- Treat yourself to a massage, beauty treatment or an outing with a friend
- Explore somewhere you haven’t been before
- Plan something to look forward to
- Have fun and laugh
- Head outside – nature walk, garden, relax on the beach, ride your bike or go fishing
Reach out for support if you are feeling overwhelmed or lost.
- Mental Health Line, always available 7 days, 24 hours call 1800 011 511
- LifeLine www.lifeline.org.au/ or call 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue www.beyondblue.org.au or call 1300 224 635
Links to Self-care
Rate This Page
Share This Page