Club Grants Further Information
There are three classes of expenditure under the Club GRANTS scheme:
- Category 1: Expenditure on specific community welfare and social services, community development, community health services and employment assistance activities; and
- Category 2: Expenditure on other community development and support services. Traditional areas of club expenditure, such as support for sport and recreation groups. Non-profit cultural activities or non-profit visual and performing art activities and programs (Guideline reference 2.2.3)
- Category 3: Expenditure is that portion of a registered club’s gaming machine profits over $1 million which is paid into the Club Grants Fund to the NSW Government on behalf of the club to support and develop, by way of grants, large scale projects or services associated with sport, health or community infrastructure. Category 3 projects and services funded by Club Grants cannot be funded under Category 1 or Category 2.
Full details on the criteria for Categories 1, 2 & 3 are contained in the Club Grant Guidelines.
How to apply for category 2 Funding
- Carefully read the Club Grants Guidelines to determine whether your project is eligible for Category 2 funding and to take note of the reporting obligations for funding recipients.
- There is no standard application form for Category 2 funding. Applicants for Category 2 funding should liaise directly with individual Club Grants clubs in your local area. The best way to do this is by a letter to the club board of directors, outlining the services you provide, how much funding you need and how the money will be spent. Some clubs have additional criteria that they apply to Category 2 grants, and will advise applicants of these.
Category 2 applicants should remember that funding recipients DO have to fill in a report on how their funding was applied.
Category 2 funding is delivered directly by each individual club. The Club Grants Local Committee is not involved in the Category 2 funding process.
Further information visit the Clubs NSW website www.clubsnsw.com.au
Club Managers Addresses
Bermagui Country Club
Tuross Street, Bermagui NSW 2546
Phone 02 6493 4340
Tathra Beach Bowling Club Ltd
PO Box 99 Tathra NSW 2550
Phone 02 6494 1280
PO Box 34, Merimbula NSW 2548
Phone 02 6495 1502
Tura Beach Country Club
PO Box 187 Merimbula NSW 2548
Phone 02 6495 9002
PO Box 4, Bega NSW 2550
Phone 02 6492 1055
Eden Fishermen's Recreation Club Ltd
PO Box 117, Eden NSW 2551
Phone 02 6496 1577
Pambula Merimbula Golf Club
PO Box 75, Merimbula NSW 2548
Phone 02 6495 6154
Club Sapphire Merimbula
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 52, Merimbula NSW 2548
Phone 02 6495 1306
Rate This Page
Share This Page