Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

Types of DA

If your project cannot be considered as exempt or complying development, you'll need to obtain development consent by submitting an online development application (DA) via the NSW Planning Portal.

A DA consists of standard application forms, supporting technical reports, and plans.

Where should I start?

Your first step should be to review the Bega Valley Local Environmental Plan 2013 (LEP)

The LEP classifies development into categories, depending on the land use zone your property is located within:

  • Development that does not need consent (No DA required)
  • Development that needs consent (DA required)
  • Development that is prohibited

To determine which zone your property is located within, use the NSW Government Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s ePlanning Spatial Viewer

If your project is considered to be exempt development, other approvals may be required. If you think your project may be considered prohibited or you're unsure about the categories, we encourage you to contact Council to discuss.

What type of DA do I need?

The nature of your project will determine what type of DA you need to apply for. The application fees and relevant supporting documentation may also vary by project and for each DA category.


For more information, visit the NSW Government Planning Portal


Related Pages

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site