Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

Occupation Certificate

Planning & Development / Apply / Certificates

Occupation Certificate

An Occupation Certificate is required for any new building work, or change of use of a building, that is subject to development consent or a Complying Development Certificate.

This certificate is issued under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and verifies that the Principal Certifying Authority is satisfied the building is suitable to occupy. Occupation Certificates are not required for buildings which are exempt development or development which does not require development consent.

An Occupation Certificate is issued by the Principal Certifying Authority.  This may be Council or an Accredited Private Certifier.

How to apply for an Occupation Certificate



Related Pages

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site