Compost & Mulch Availability
Did you know Council produces top rate compost which is available from Merimbula, Eden, Wallgoot and Bermgui tips?
The compost is made from your green FOGO bin kerb collection plus the garden waste bought into the tip. The green waste is shredded and composted through a process that meets the EPA's standards for composts and mulches.
Compost and Mulch sell out fast so get in quick.
- Always call to confirm if compost or mulch is available at each site by checking the website, Waste App or calling the Waste Hotline on 6499 2227.
- Compost and Mulch will be loaded by BVSC machine operators.
- All loads are required to be secured and covered with a tarpaulin before leaving the site.
- Compost in 20 litre bags (approx 16kg) will be available soon.
- Merimbula - No Compost or Mulch available
- Bermagui - No Compost or Mulch available
- Eden - No Compost or Mulch available
- Wallagoot - No Compost or Mulch available
- Compost $32 per cubic metre
- Mulch $19 per cubic metre
Thinking of getting a load of compost delivered to your property? Please see our Compost Conditions before ordering:
- For bulk orders please note that the delivery fee is per truck delivery. If you require more than one truck to receive your order, you will be charged each time the truck delivers your compost.
- Bulk order sales of greater than 3 cubic metres are at the discretion of Bega Valley Shire Council staff and are contingent on availability.
- Adequate truck access is required for bulk orders. If a truck arrives at your property and cannot offload compost you will be charged for the journey.
- Bega Valley Shire Council produces compost that must meet the NSW Environment Protection Authorities resource recovery Order and Exemption . This Order & Exemption (The Compost Order 2016) ensures that the proper assessment and characterisation of waste that is intended for land has been managed in such a way to protect not only the environment and human health, but also to protecting the current and future uses of land on which the compost has been applied.
- Compost produced by Bega Valley Shire Council is made up of both self-haul green waste and the contents of the FOGO Kerbside Collection Service. Given these outside feedstock sources the final product may contain glass, metal or plastics.
Rate This Page
Share This Page