Did you know Council produces top rate compost which is available from Merimbula, Eden, Wallgoot and Bermgui waste transfer stations?
The compost is made from your green FOGO bin kerb collection plus the garden waste bought into the transfer station. The green waste is shredded and composted through a process that meets the EPA's standards for composts and mulches.
Compost and Mulch sell out fast so get in quick.
- Always call to confirm if compost or mulch is available at each site by checking the website, Waste App or calling the Waste Hotline on 6499 2227.
- Compost and Mulch will be loaded by BVSC machine operators.
- All loads are required to be secured and covered with a tarpaulin before leaving the site. Please note we are only able to load compost up to the carrying capacity of your trailer and vehicle. This is to ensure your trailer is not over-loaded. It is your responsibility to comply with all road regulations.
- Compost in 20 litre bags (approx 16kg) will be available soon.
Sites:(as at May 2021)
- Merimbula - Compost is now available
- Bermagui - Compost is now available
- Eden - Compost is now available
- Wallagoot - Compost is now available
- Compost $33 per cubic metre
- Mulch $19.50 per cubic metre
Please be advised that we are currently not offering transport delivery of bulk orders of compost, however you are welcome to organise your own transport. Please contact Customer Service on 6499 2222 for further information.
- Bega Valley Shire Council produces compost that must meet the NSW Environment Protection Authorities resource recovery Order and Exemption . This Order & Exemption (The Compost Order 2016) ensures that the proper assessment and characterisation of waste that is intended for land has been managed in such a way to protect not only the environment and human health, but also to protecting the current and future uses of land on which the compost has been applied.
- Compost produced by Bega Valley Shire Council is made up of both self-haul green waste and the contents of the FOGO Kerbside Collection Service. Given these outside feedstock sources the final product may contain glass, metal or plastics.
Rate This Page
Share This Page