Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

DA 2019.208 Eden Marina

Development Proposal

Council has received an application seeking approval to develop land as follows:

  • DA No.:  2019.208
  • Applicant: Eden Cattle Bay Marina Pty Ltd
  • Consent Authority: Bega Valley Shire Council (with the Southern Joint Regional Planning Panel having the function of determining the application).
  • Description of Land: Lot: 2 DP: 1138056, Lot: 4 DP: 1138056-Cattle Bay Road EDEN
  • Description of Proposal: Erection and use of a 154 berth marina comprising three floating pontoon arms restrained by piles, a fixed wave attenuator, minor refurbishment of the existing wharf, landside car park comprising 97 spaces plus 3 loading/unloading spaces, and temporary building to house administration and toilets.
  • Responsible Council Officer: M B Fowler

The application and plans, including the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), relating to the development can be inspected at the following locations Monday to Friday, for a period of 30 days from
11 July 2019 (excluding Public Holidays).






Bega Valley Shire Council Office

Zingel Place, Bega

Monday – Friday

9.00am – 4.30pm

02 6499 2222


Bega Valley Shire Council – Eden Library
Cnr Mitchell & Imlay Streets,  Eden

Tuesday – Friday

9.30am – 5.00pm

9am – 12pm

02 6499 2451


Department of Planning

23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney

Monday – Friday

8.30am – 5.00pm

02 9228 6111


Joint Regional Planning Panel Secretariat

23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney

Monday – Friday

9.00am – 5.00pm

02 9228 2060

 Any person who makes a submission by way of objection may appeal to the Land and Environment Court under Section 8.8 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 if they are unhappy with the decision.

If the Planning Assessment Commission conducts a review, the Minister’s determination of the application is final and not subject to appeal.

Under the provisions of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 this development is classed as Designated Development.

It is also classed as 'Integrated Development' which means that approval is also required from;

Environment Protection Authority

  • An Environmental Protection Licence (EPL) is required in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997.

NSW Department of Primary Industries (Fisheries)

  • A Permit is required in accordance with the provisions of the Fisheries Management Act 1994.

You can purchase a copy of the EIS from Bega Valley Shire Council. The report is available on CD for $10 or hardcopy for $25.  To obtain copies of the EIS contact Bega Valley Shire Council.

The application and its progress may also be tracked on Council’s Application Tracker

If you do not have access to a computer, ‘public access’ computers are available at Tura Marrang, Bega, Bermagui and Eden libraries to view this information.

Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, copies of your submission can be made publicly available. You can request that your name and address not be disclosed by writing ‘OBJECTION IN CONFIDENCE’ on your submission, however we may still be obliged to release these details. Submissions that do not contain the author’s name and address may not be considered, as we will be unable to validate their authenticity.

If you would like to comment on the proposal please write to us before 12 August 2019. If you object to the proposal you need to tell us in your letter why you object to it and mail it to:

  • The General Manager, Bega Valley Shire Council, PO Box 492, BEGA  NSW  2550
  • Or email your submission to:
  • Submissions can also be made on Council’s Application Tracker website.

If you make a submission you are required to disclose information about any political donations or gifts. This includes all reportable political donations made to any local Councillor of Council and all gifts made to any local Councillor or employee of Council, within a period of two years before the application is made.  Forms for making disclosures are available on Council’s website or from Council’s Office.

If you have any disclosures, please fill out the Disclosure Form and return to council with your submission.

Exhibition Material 


Related Pages

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site