Bega Valley Shire CouncilBega Valley Shire Council

Construction Certificate

Planning & Development / Apply / Certificates

Construction Certificate

Before you start any building or construction work, you’ll need to apply for a construction certificate, also know as a CC.

A Construction Certificate verifies that relevant matters specified in the development consent and applicable legislation has been satisfied. Construction Certificates are valid for the life of the development consent.

A Construction Certificate is authorisation to start building.

Council will assess your Construction Certificate application to ensure it: 

  • Adheres to the Building Code of Australia
  • Is consistent with the plans and conditions approved under the development consent
  • Meets BASIX commitments
  • Complies with relevant bushfire provisions
  • Complies with other Construction Certificate submission requirements

All development, unless it’s exempt or complying development, will require a Construction Certificate. This includes building, engineering and earthworks. A Construction Certificate application contains detailed plans and specifications and must be consistent with the development consent. A Construction Certificate is required after development consent is issued and before work is carried out.

After reading your development consent you may find you need to submit documents with your construction certificate application. These documents may include:

  • Home Owners Warranty – Owner/Builder Permit
  • Architectural Plans & elevations (submitted at DA stage?)
  • Engineering details
  • Structural specifications
  • Schedule of building materials
  • Shadow diagrams
  • Payment of contributions fees
  • Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) contract agreement.

How to apply for your Construction Certificate



Related Pages

Rate This Page

Share This Page

Explore Our Site